* Collecting Cricket Memorabilia
For lovers cricket, there is a wealth of collectable memorabilia of both the
game's heroes and its less exalted practitioners.
* Cricket Yearbooks, books and magazines
As certain as the changing of the seasons, the new edition
of Wisden Cricketers' Almanack heralds the forthcoming season with a review of
all things cricketing over the previous year.
* Car Ephemera Collectibles
- There are many different items associated with cars which can form interesting collections in their own
right. Apart from printed material such as magazines, adverts and books, there are car registration plates, mascots, badges and other items of hardware from great cars around the world.
* Car Mascots and Automobile Collectibles
- Collecting motoring memorabilia - anything from mascots and badges to
headlights and horns - is one of the fastest growing hobbies today.
* Cups and Trophies
- Yesterday's sporting trophies are still much prized by enthusiasts, who enjoy the associations as well as the appearance and durability of their collections.
* Collecting Decoy Ducks
- Life-like decoy ducks once lured unsuspecting birds within range of
hunters' guns but they are now more likely to be seen on collectors' shelves
because beautifully carved examples are much sought after.
* Fox Hunting Collectibles
- Stirrup cups first appeared in the 18th century but most of those on the
market are Victorian. They have been made in a variety of materials,
including silver gilt, but 'are usually either in silver or in china or
porcelain. Silver stirrup cups by well known makers are much sought after
and you will have to pay a hefty price for these, even at auction, and even
more through a dealer.
* Golfing Collectibles
- By the late 19th century golf had become widely popular and the resulting wealth of equipment and memorabilia are eagerly sought after by golfing enthusiasts today.
* Model Boats and Ships
- For the past 200 years model-makers have produced
replicas of 17th and 18th century navy vessels. And, in more recent years,
they have turned their hand to cabin cruisers and ocean liners.
* Soccer Football Memorabilia
For more than a century, football has been the best-supported spectator sport
in the world, inspiring great passion among its devotees and huge quantities
of printed memorabilia for collectors and enthusiasts.
- - The Victorians were avid collectors of stuffed wildlife.
Taxidermy, which was at its height in the 19th century, fell out of fashion
but is once again proving popular.
Five eBay Listing Tips
Importing Your Online Purchases
Maximizing Your Auction Profits
Bidding for the Novice
When to Get an Appraisal
Selling by Consignment
Fakes Sell in Online, Offline Auctions
Anatomies of the Frauds